Journal of Science Policy and Governance
The Journal of Science Policy & Governance is an internationally recognized, open-access peer-reviewed publication dedicated to elevating students, post-docs, policy fellows and early career scholars in science, technology and innovation policy and governance debate worldwide. Since 2011, JSPG has served as a vehicle for students and early career researchers to bolster their research and writing credentials in science policy. JSPG also elevates published work using a podcast, conference panels, and webinars that foster intergenerational discussions and engage the next generation in science policy. Follow JSPG on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Soundcloud. Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest call for papers, volume releases and professional development opportunities in science policy.
Opportunities with JSPG:
- Publication opportunities - submit your science policy research to our standard or special issue deadlines throughout the year.
- Writing workshops and webinars - attend events to learn from science policy experts and practice your writing skills in preparation for submission. Each issue has a separate page for events on our website, so check that out too.
- Editorial board - our editorial board is composed of early career researchers looking to build their skills in science policy writing and editing.
- Internships - we offer internship opportunities for students interested in science policy and are currently running a pilot program. Applications are open!
- Science policy & advocacy certificate program - learn key concepts and develop practical skills in science policy and advocacy, and network with policy professionals.
- Opportunities for published authors - we highlight published work through speaking opportunities and conference panels, in addition to media outreach and you can watch these events on our YouTube channel.
- Podcast - we interview published authors, to provide another medium for them to share more about their publications and reach an extended audience in science policy.
Current calls for submissions:
- 2022 Standard issue deadlines:
- May 22, 2022 - in partnership with AAAS STPF
- November 20, 2022
- 2022 Special issue deadlines:
- Strengthening Youth-centered Policy and Governance of Digital Transformations in Health: August 21, 2022
- Open Science Policies as an Accelerator for Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals: July 10, 2022
- Innovations in Science Diplomacy: Structures, Policies & Governance for the New Decade: April 17, 2022